We can offer customized heavy equipment operation training courses as well as our standard course. Curriculum for all NCCER modules is from the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
The student will learn equipment applications, attachments, operating controls, preventive maintenance requirements, and basic operating techniques through a combination of classroom and hands-on training.
The Program involves a total of 339 hours of training and includes two separate courses:
• Basic Construction Skills: NCCER Core plus OSHA-10
• Heavy Equipment Operation: NCCER Level 1 and modules from Level 2 & 3 that include Skid Steer, Hydraulic Excavator, Wheel Loader, and Compaction Roller.
• Workkeys Score; Bronze or Higher
• At Least 18 Years Old
• A Valid Driver’s License
• Drug Screen (included as part of the course)
What to Expect:
• Tuition includes books, materials and the mandatory drug screen.
• Course involves both classroom and hands-on training.
• Participants are required to pass all written and hands-on performance tests to receive certification.
• Scholarships are available to those who qualify (attend an Open House for scholarship information).