How Do I Request to use my Educational Benefits?
- Complete the admissions application and all admissions requirements.
- New students should sign up for Orientation/Registration
- Discuss with advisor at Orientation courses for enrollment
- Verify with advisor that the courses you are registered for are required for your program of study **
- Clemson Bridge students should follow the Clemson Bridge guidelines for orientation and registration
- Go to vets.gov to apply for educational benefits if this is your first time using your benefits
- Once you are approved by VA and they send you the Certificate of Eligibility form (COE)
- Submit a copy of the COE to TC Central, located in Ruby Hicks Hall on the main campus, front desk of Anderson/Easley/Oconee campus, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you don’t have access to apply online, call 1-888-442-4551 and ask that an application be mailed to you.
- Complete and Electronically sign the VA Certification Request Form.
- If you need assistance with applying for benefits, contact Upstate Warrior Solution at 864-520-2073.
- Complete the FAFSA, online at studentaid.gov (TCTC School Code:004926), to determine if you qualify for Federal/State Financial Aid in addition to your VA benefits.
- If you need assistance, FAFSA Friday is available every Friday from 10 AM to 1 PM in Ruby Hicks Room 211.
- NOTE: If you receive Lottery Tuition Assistance (LTA) and/or SC WINS your VA tuition benefits may be adjusted.
- Choice ACT – If you are chapter 30 or 33 and coded as an out of state student, you can provide your DD-214 Member 4 copy (discharge papers) along with your COE – certificate of eligibility and we can review to see if you qualify for the out of county tuition rate. However, if you wish to file for in-state tuition, follow the guidelines at tctc.edu/residency.
GI Bill® Comparison Tool
- Patriots’ Place, a resource center specifically for our student veterans, located on TCTC’s Pendleton Campus. Patriots’ Place is the on-campus lounge for student veterans: a place where they can connect with other students who share similar backgrounds and who may face some of the same challenges in navigating the college environment. Patriots’ Place is also the operations center for TCTC’s chapter of Student Veterans of America (SVA) and a primary location for outside vendors serving military populations to exhibit information.