March 24, 2020: Student Support Information
Dear Tri-County Students,
As you work with your instructors to transition to online learning, we recognize that this shift is difficult and there will be additional support resources you may need to access. While face-to-face services are not possible until the College opens, academic and student support staff remain available to assist you electronically. The following highlights updated information and reminders for existing resources.
Technology and Wi-Fi: Below are the ways you can get support for online learning.
- Begin with your instructor: Please connect with your instructor first for course-specific questions about your class.
- Technology or eTC account questions: Contact the IT Service Desk. The contact information is noted in the chart attached.
- All Campuses have Wi-Fi access in their parking lots.
- Learning Commons: Tutors and librarians are available for help with online learning questions and providing academic support. Use Starfish to request an appointment. The contact information is noted in the chart attached.
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) is active. SI Leaders will be using Zoom collaboration rooms to deliver their sessions. A link will be emailed to all students enrolled in an SI supported course prior to the time of the session. If you wish to participate in an SI session, please check your email.
- Additional information for transitioning to online learning and technology resources can be found at tctc.edu/ITresources .
- Academic and Student Support Offices: For the most efficient routing of your question or request, if you don’t know whom to contact, please use the emails and phone numbers attached.
- Each office is committed to responding to voicemails and emails within 1 business day.
- Some offices may be able to use video conferencing services to connect with you in addition to phone and email.
- As staff work remotely, note that return calls may be from private numbers or numbers not easily identifiable as a Tri-County phone number.
- Academic Accommodations: If you have received academic accommodations from the ARC (Accessibility Resource Center), they continue to apply as appropriate in an online learning environment. Students should contact ARC with any questions or concerns. The contact information is noted in the chart attached.
- FAQs: Answers to many frequently asked questions (FAQs) as well as the most recent information related to Tri-County’s response to the coronavirus can be found at www.tctc.edu/coronavirus.
- Summer and Fall Registration: Course registration for Summer and Fall 2020 has been delayed to focus all of our energies on helping students transition to online learning. When the updated registration date is determined we will provide ample notice. Please make sure to connect with your academic advisor if you have not been advised.
Above all, know that Tri-County faculty and staff are here to support you through this transition. Please contact us with any questions you may have or support you may need.
Vice President, Student Support and Engagement
Student Support Contacts