Upward Bound has the following goals:
- To provide participating students with maximum exposure to the career and educational opportunities afforded to college graduates.
- To increase the high school graduation rate of participating students.
- To increase the college acceptance, retention, and graduation rates of area students.
To participate in the Upward Bound program, you must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. You must also be committed to postsecondary education, have a need for academic assistance, and meet these criteria:
- Be between the ages of 13 and 19.
- Be enrolled in a high school in Anderson, Oconee or Pickens County.
- Have a family income that meets the federal economic guidelines
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent has a four-year college degree).