Seneca Couple Says, ‘Our Lives Will Change for the Better Because of SCMC Class'Read More
Note: The Tutoring Center reviews papers/essays/lab reports/research papers online for certain groups of students. Students may submit papers written for any subject area, including nursing, veterinary technology, engineering, psychology, sociology, history, English, college skills, business, criminal justice, etc.
Who may submit a paper online?
- Students enrolled in online courses.
- Students writing papers due in courses that meet at locations other than the Pendleton Campus. Students may get online feedback for papers due in classes that meet at the Anderson Campus, the Easley Campus, Hamilton Career Center or dual credit courses that meet at local high schools.
- Students enrolled in evening classes at the Pendleton Campus. (A fall or spring Pendleton Campus evening course is defined by the Tutoring Center as a course that begins AFTER 5:00 p.m. A summer evening course is defined as a course that begins AFTER 4:00 p.m.)
May students submit a paper more than once for review?
Each paper may be submitted twice for feedback online.
Will the paper be reviewed the same day the paper is received by the Tutoring Center?
No. Students should send papers to the Tutoring Center two full days before the paper is due. Tutors review papers only during their scheduled work hours and never on weekends. While efforts will be made to return a paper to the student before the day it has to be turned in to the instructor, same day or even next day return of the paper cannot be guaranteed.
How do students submit papers online?
- Students should email papers as attached Microsoft Word documents (.doc or .docx) to email@example.com using their eTC email, never personal email accounts. While the Tutoring Center cannot return a paper to a personal email, students can, of course, have their TCTC email forwarded to a personal account. The papers should be sent to the Tutoring Center as attachments; students should NOT cut and paste the paper into the body of the email.
- The papers should be complete drafts with parenthetical citations as well as the sources if documentation is required.
- The following information must be included in the body of the email when the paper is submitted online:
- The instructor's name
- The name of the course
- The time and place the course meets (ex. Econ. 203 online; History 210, 5:30 P.M. at Hamilton Career Center; English 101, 8:00 A.M. at Wren High School; or English 101 at 5:00 P.M. in Oconee Hall 207)
- The type/purpose of the assignment-comparison/contrast, summary, research, illustration, article, book report, lab report, process, report, response to reading, summary, analysis, persuasive paragraph, portfolio, etc.
- The date the paper is due