Tri-County Chorus’ Fall Concert is November 21Read More
Even if a student qualifies for scholarships, he/she should complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Students may qualify for additional aid to help supplement educational costs.
Tri-County Technical College Foundation Scholarships
Through the efforts of the Tri-County Technical College Foundation and the generosity of private donors, the Foundation awards numerous scholarships each academic year. Scholarship award amounts vary and may not represent total tuition costs. Things considered in the selection process include demonstrated academic success, donor-stipulated criteria, and financial need.
The deadline to submit scholarship applications for the 2014-2015 academic year has passed. If you will be a student at Tri-County in the fall semester of 2015 and are interested in applying for a scholarship, please remember to check this page sometime around February 23, 2015, for more information about how to apply.
- In-County Students (Anderson, Oconee, Pickens counties) - The total LIFE scholarship for the 2014-2015 academic year will not exceed $5000.00. The scholarship will be divided equally between fall and spring semesters. (Fall - $2500.00, Spring - $2500.00)
- Out-of County Students - The total LIFE scholarship for the academic year will not exceed $5000. The scholarship will be divided equally between fall and spring semesters (Fall - $2500, Spring - $2500)
- This figure also includes the $300 annual book allowance.
- LIFE Scholarship does not cover Summer tuition
- Admissions informs Student & Financial Aid of eligible LIFE recipients
- Transfer students must self-identify as LIFE recipients by sending a copy of their high school and college transcripts, as well as a copy of their prior award notice, to the Financial Aid Office.
- Student must read, sign and submit the LIFE Affidavit for the appropriate aid year.
- In order to keep LIFE scholarship after the first year, student must earn at least a 3.0 and earn 30 college level credit hours combined for Fall, Spring, and Summer terms
- Must be enrolled as full-time (at least 12 credit hours)
- Remedial/developmental courses or non-degree DO NOT count towards the 12 credit hours needed (Examples include ENG 031, ENG 032, ENG 100, RDG 032, RDG 100, MAT 010, MAT 012, MAT 031, MAT 032, BIO 100, CHM 100)
For further information pertaining to the LIFE Scholarship, please visit the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education's website
Required form: LIFE Scholarship Certification and Affidavit
Looking for other scholarships to assist with the costs of tuition? Check out these great resources: