Sheriffs Candidates’ Debates to Be Held at Tri-County CampusesRead More
Federal Work Study
The Federal Work-Study Program at Tri-County Technical College: providing on and off-campus work opportunities for qualified students.
The Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program:
- Is for students who demonstrate financial need through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.) Students must be enrolled in 6 or more hours and have a current FAFSA on file.
- Is for students who are within the Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) guidelines, with standards being:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Maintain a cumulative completion rate of 67% or higher
- Student must complete degree/certificate/diploma within 150% of the published length of their program of study. Ex: a student enrolled in a 60 credit hour program is eligible until 90 credit hours are attempted (60 x 1.5 = 90.)
- Has jobs that are located on-campus and off-campus in non-profit community services agencies or elementary and middle schools.
- Positions will pay between federal minimum wage and $8.50/hr.
- Students' total award amounts will vary and work hours will depend on unmet financial need (based on student's Financial Aid need budget) and availability of funds. Funding for the Federal Work-Study Program is limited.
- Funds are not credited to student's account. Students will receive payment for hours worked on the last working day of each month.
- Will make every effort to place students in a department or area that will enhance individual learning and provide invaluable on-the-job experience.
New Hire Packets
- Once you have been hired for a position you will need to complete the new hire packet which will be emailed to you. You can also request to pick a packet up in the Personnel Office, located in Ruby Hicks Building Room 107, if you did not receive one or misplaced your email.
- After completing the documents in the new hire packet, the information will be used to integrate you in Tri-County Technical College's payroll.
- The new hire packet must be completed and submitted to the Personnel Office prior to beginning work.
How to Get Paid
- Complete time sheet and submit it to the supervisor for submission to the payroll office on or by the turn-in date.
- Timesheets cannot be sent through inter-office mail.
- Timesheet must reflect actual dates, times, and hours worked. Fraudulent timesheets or other payroll documents are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination and prosecution as applicable by law.
- Incomplete or late timesheets will not be processed until the following payroll.
- Timesheets not submitted by the supervisor or his/her designee (cannot be a student) will not be accepted.
- Timesheets for off-campus work-study students must be mailed by the supervisor and received by payroll on or by the due date.
- ALL payroll checks will be direct deposited in student's checking or savings account, to their personal Higher One campus card, or mailed to them in the form of a paper check. Student must indicate the payment method upon submission of New Hire Packet.
- FWS student employees are paid on the last working day of the month.
If you have questions about the Federal Work-Study Program at Tri-County Technical College, please contact the Financial Aid Office: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line: 'Work-Study'