Financial Assistance for CCE - Students

Financial Aid Programs
The majority of financial aid programs such as the Pell Grant, Stafford Loan or the Lottery Tuition Assistance Scholarships are only available to students enrolled in the College's credit programs. Tri-County's Corporate & Community Education (CCE) Division does not offer credit courses. However, there are a few financial aid programs available through non-profit and for-profit organizations that will help offset the costs for your non-credit Corporate & Community Education courses. Each organization offers different student loan plans and features.

Before selecting a loan program, research which financing option best meets your needs. Weigh the advantages and disadvantages of each available choice since each one will vary in repayment timelines, APRs and more. Before financing be sure to:

  • Research every financing option and program available.
  • Look for a loan plan that offers the most flexibility in repayments and charges a reasonable rate.
  • Borrow as little as possible.
  • Learn about and understand your personal credit history. Your personal credit information can be found at the following agencies:
    • Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union. S.C. residents can receive a one-time free credit report from these credit agencies:

    Equifax: 1-800-685-1111 (
    Experian: 1-888-397-3742 (
    Trans Union: 1-800-888-4213 (

Career Loan Package Available for Non-Credit  CCE Classes/Programs

Wells Fargo Education Connection: Career Loan - Prospective students also may apply over the phone by calling 1-877-412-5325. When submitting a Wells Fargo Education Career Loan application for a CCE class/program, please use this code: 004926-70.

VA Benefits

You may qualify for VA educational benefits.  To find out if you qualify, visit or visit your local VA office.  The following CCE programs are approved VA education and training programs:

Truck Driving - CDL Class A

Truck Driving  - CDL Class B

Federal Programs for Dislocated Workers
In conjunction with the SC Department of Employment and Workforce, WorkLink Workforce Investment Board provides several services for dislocated workers or those workers who lose their jobs due to business closure or downsizing.

To qualify as a dislocated worker a person must be terminated or laid off through no fault of their own, have received notice of termination or layoff and be eligible for or has exhausted entitlements to unemployment insurance. Those ineligible for unemployment insurance can qualify for this program if they demonstrate workforce attachment. Notification of termination or layoff can come from a WARN notice or a general announcement, and those who are self-employed or homemakers can also qualify if they meet specific criteria.

  Tax Deductions for Higher Education

What educational expenses are deductible?

You may be able to deduct work-related educational expenses as an itemized deduction on Schedule A of Form 1040, line 20. To be deductible, your expenses must be for education that:

  • Maintains or improves skills required in your present job; or
  • Serves a business purpose and is required by your employer, or by law or regulations, to keep your present salary, status, or job.

Certain restrictions also apply. For more information, refer to Publication 508 (PDF), Tax Benefits for Work-Related Education; and Tax Topic 513, Educational Expenses:

Tri-County’s Annual 5K Run Salutes Veterans

Apr 24 Read More

Oncology Nurse Says Tri-County Classes Prepared Him for Second Bachelor’s Degree

Apr 22 Read More

Tri-County Technical College Commission Elects Officers

Apr 22 Read More

Alcohol and Other Drug Awareness "SAFE, Not Sorry" Summer Party (4/24/2014)

Apr 24 Read more

Connect to College Overview Sessions (4/24/2014)

Apr 24 Read more

Last day of class (Session A) (4/25/2014)

Apr 25 Read more

Last day of class (Session C) (4/25/2014)

Apr 25 Read more

Easley Campus Spring Fling (4/25/2014)

Apr 25 Read more
Contact Us

Corporate & Community Education
(864) 646-1700
Toll-free (within the 864 Area Code) at 1-866-269-5677, ext. 1700

Office Hours:

Pendleton Campus
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Saturday: Hours vary weekly

Anderson Campus
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Saturday: Hours vary weekly

Easley Campus
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Saturday: Hours vary weekly

You may also register online by going to