Personal Trainer Certificate
Includes basic exercise science studies used by the fitness and professional skills needed to assist you to become certified as a personal trainer from one of the national organizations, such as ACE (American Council on Exercise) and others. You will receive practical applications of basic exercise principles, how to design an individual training program for both health and special populations, and instruction in how to implement and perform fitness testing and evaluation. Mock ACE Personal Trainer exam included. Free CPR course included. This Personal Training is University Curriculum Course ACE#CEP40814.
Personal trainers meet with clients before they begin working with them to gain a better understanding of the client's goal, like losing weight or gaining muscle mass. They may also give clients a tour of the facility and show them some of the workouts they may do. At this initial meeting, the trainer may also go over the charges for the personal training services and discuss payment plans.
Personal trainers devise customized exercise plans for their clients based on their goals. These plans typically include cardiovascular and weight lifting exercises. During a training session, trainers observe their clients performing exercises to ensure they are doing the moves correctly. Trainers may also give diet and lifestyle suggestions when they are relevant to the fitness plan.
- Human anatomy, exercise physiology, applied kinesiology, and nutrition
- Principles of adherence, motivation, behavior change, and health psychology
- Communication and teaching techniques
- Health and exercise history information assessment
- Functional training: Assessments, programming, and progressions for posture, movement, core, balance, and flexibility
- Physiological assessments/Resistance training: Programming and progressions
- Cardiorespiratory training: Programming and progressions
- Professional and legal responsibilities, scope of practice, and business strategies for personal trainers
Upon successful completion of program requirements, students will be able to sit for ACE certification exam.
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- State ID
- CCE application
- Hepatitis B Vaccine declination signed
For more information, call (864) 646-1700 or toll free 866-269-5677, Ext 1700
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org