This QuickJobs program is a WIA-eligible training program.
The Nurse Aide is the primary direct care giver in long-term care, home health, hospitals, and private duty services. The demand is great for this healthcare worker due to the aging population. This course is approved by the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) and qualifies you to take the SC Nurse Aide Competency Exam, which is required to work in a variety of healthcare facilities and organizations. This exam is also nationally-recognized and will permit you to work in most states throughout the USA. This course is offered in two formats: hybrid and in a classroom setting. Both day and evening classes are offered in multiple locations (Anderson, Oconee, and Pickens Counties).
The clinical portion of the class will be in a Medicare/Medicaid certified Nursing home facility. Your clinical location/times will be announced and assigned. This will be discussed at orientation.
- Role of the Nurse Aide
- Patient's Rights and Responsibilities
- Communicating Effectively
- Infection Control
- Safety and Body Mechanics
- Admission, Transfer, Discharge
- Personal Care (basic nursing skills)
- Vital Signs
- Nutrition and Fluid Balance
- Basic Structure and Function of Body Systems
- Restorative Care
- End of Life Care
Upon successful completion of program requirements, students will be able to sit for Nurse Aide Certification with NACES.
Nursing homes, assisted living, hospice, hospitals, community based long-term care, correctional institutions, and other long-term care settings.
- Automated external defibrillators
- Electronic medical thermometers
- Shower or bath chairs or seats for the physically challenged
- Therapeutic heating or cooling pads or compresses or packs
- At least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- State ID
- CCE application
- Hepatitis B Vaccine declination signed
- 2-Step Tuberculosis skin test completed
- MMR vaccination or titer
- Varicella Zoster (Chicken Pox) vaccination or titer
- 10-panel drug screen
- Flu shot (for all classes with clinical between October to March)
- Background check through SR&I (www.srandi.com)
***CLINICAL SITES AND TIMES WILL VARY***
For more information, call (864) 646-1700 or toll free 866-269-5677 Ext 1700
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional class offerings, visit our full course listing and schedule of classes.