Tri-County Named a 2014 Back to Work 50+ Participant in AARP Foundation InitiativeMar 11 Read More
Advanced Medical LIfe Support
NAEMT's AMLS course is the first EMS education program that fully addresses how to best assess and manage the most common medical crises in patients, offering a "think outside the box" methodology.
It is for all levels of practitioners with a strong commitment to patient care, including first responders, emergency medical technicians, paramedics, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurse anesthetists and physicians.
The course emphasizes the use of scene size-up, history, interactive group discussion on potential treatment strategies, and physical exam to systematically rule out and consider possibilities and probabilities in treating patients' medical crises. The course offers an initial assessment-based approach that progresses to a diagnostic-based approach to quickly develop the best treatment plan.
When given a case presentation, students who take AMLS will learn to:
- Identify and manage life-threatening presentations for a variety of medical emergencies, while considering comprehensive patient history, focused physical exam, and diagnostic findings.
- Demonstrate with proficiency the application of the AMLS Assessment Pathway to determine appropriate differential diagnoses and management strategies.
- Compare and contrast the concepts of clinical decision-making, pattern recognition, and clinical reasoning used in the determination of differential diagnosis.
This sixteen (16) hour, two day program consists of interactive lectures, teaching, and evaluation stations. The interactive/case based topics include the following:
- Altered mental status and neurologic disorders
- Respiratory dysfunction
- Chest discomfort; Abdominal discomfort
- Endocrine, metabolic, and environmental disorders
- I infectious disease and Toxicological emergencies
- Hazardous materials and Weapons of mass destruction.
Approved for 16 hours of CEUs and endorsed by the National Association of EMS Physicians (NAEMSP). It is accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS) and is recognized by the National Registry of EMTs (NREMT). Students who successfully complete the AMLS course will receive a certificate of completion that is valid for four years.
Instructor: Charles Dixon, American Heritage Training Division
NAEMT certified AMLS Instructor
For more information, call (864) 646-1700 or toll free 866-269-5677, Ext 1700 (within the 864 area code) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional class offerings, visit our full course listing and schedule of classes.