CMT Network Partners with Tri-County to Empower EducationRead More
Heavy Equipment Operation
This QuickJobs program is a WIA-eligible training program.
We can offer customized heavy equipment operation training courses as well as our standard course. Curriculum for all NCCER modules is from the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
The student will learn equipment applications, attachments, operating controls, preventive maintenance requirements, and basic operating techniques through a combination of classroom and hands-on training. Program involves a total of 222.5 hours of training and includes two separate courses:
- Basic Construction Skills: NCCER Core plus OSHA-10
- Heavy Equipment Operation: NCCER Level 1 plus Loader and Backhoe
Program Outline :
NCCER Core Curriculum:
Successful completion of the NCCER Core Curriculum is a prerequisite for all other NCCER certifications.
OSHA 10-Hour Construction Standards:
Introduces the most important functions and roles of OSHA and the methods of compliance based on construction industry standards.
NCCER Heavy Equipment Operations Level 1:
Includes all 7 modules required for NCCER Heavy Equipment Operation Level 1 certification.
Additional Individual NCCER Heavy Equipment Operations Modules:
Includes NCCER Individual modules for operation of Backhoes and Wheel Loaders.
- Recommended (not required) Work Keys scores*:
- Applied Mathematics = 3
- Reading for Information = 4
- Locating Information = 3
- Drug Screen (included as part of the course)
What to Expect:
- Mandatory drug screen is included in the course.
- Registration fee includes all tuition, books, materials and the mandatory drug screen.
- Course involves both classroom and hands-on training.
- Participants are required to pass all written and hands-on performance tests to receive certification.
For more information, call (864) 646-1700 or toll free 866-269-5677, Ext 1700
(within the 864 area code) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional class offerings, visit our full course listing and schedule of classes.