Tri-County Technical College Fills Three Leadership PositionsRead More
Basic Construction Skills Certificate
The Basic Construction Skills Certificate is intended to prepare individuals for entry-level work in both the highway and building construction industries or to pursue additional training in a specific construction trade. Program includes 88.5 hours of training through two separate courses:
- NCCER Core Curriculum plus OSHA 10-Hour Construction Standards
- CPR/First Aid/AED
NCCER Core Curriculum:
National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) curriculum is used for all modules. Successful completion of the NCCER Core Curriculum is a prerequisite for all other NCCER certifications.
OSHA 10-Hour Construction Standards:
Introduces the most important functions and roles of OSHA and the methods of compliance based on construction industry standards.
Uses American Heart Association (AHA) standards to teach basic skills that may save a life or prevent further injury.
Recommended (not required) Work Keys scores*:
- Applied Mathematics = 3
- Reading for Information = 4
- Locating Information = 3
*Source: ACT Job Profile Search (Job Title = "Construction Laborers")
What to Expect:
- Registration fee includes all tuition, books, and materials.
- For NCCER Core Curriculum, participants must pass a written exam for each module and a hands-on exam for some modules.
- For CPR/First Aid/AED, participants must pass a hands-on test.
For more information, call (864) 646-1700 or toll free 866-269-5677, Ext 1700
(within the 864 area code) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional class offerings, visit our full course listing and schedule of classes.