Anderson Mayor Challenges Tri-County Grads to Take Risks, Give Back to Their CommunitiesMay 15Read more
Even if student qualifies for scholarships, he/she should complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Student may qualify for additional aid to help supplement educational costs.
- In-County Students (Anderson, Oconee, Pickens counties) - - The total LIFE scholarship for the 2011/2012 academic year will not exceed $4762.50. The scholarship will be divided equally between fall and spring semesters. (fall - $2381.25, spring - $2381.25)
- Out-of County Students - - The total LIFE scholarship for the academic year will not exceed $5000. The scholarship will be divided equally between fall and spring semesters (fall - $2500, spring $2500)
- This figure also includes the $300 annual book allowance.
- LIFE Scholarship does not cover Summer tuition
- Admissions informs Student & Financial Aid of eligible LIFE recipients
- Transfer students must self-identify as LIFE recipients by sending a copy of their high school and college transcripts, as well as a copy of their prior award notice, to the Financial Aid Office.
- Student must read, sign and submit the LIFE Affidavit for the appropriate aid year.
- In order to keep LIFE scholarship after the first year, student must earn at least a 3.0 and earn 30 college level credit hours combined for Fall, Spring, and Summer terms
- Must be enrolled as full-time (at least 12 credit hours)
- Remedial/developmental courses or non-degree DO NOT count towards the 12 credit hours needed (Examples include ENG 031, ENG 032, ENG 100, RDG 032, RDG 100, MAT 010, MAT 012, MAT 031, MAT 032, BIO 100, CHM 100)
- 2013-2014 LIFE Scholarship Certification and Affidavit, coming soon!
Detailed Information on LIFE Scholarship