Anderson Mayor Challenges Tri-County Grads to Take Risks, Give Back to Their CommunitiesMay 15Read more
Federal Work Study
What is Federal Work-Study?
- Need based entitlement program
- Jobs are located on-campus and off-campus in non-profit community services agencies or elementary and middle schools.
- On-campus jobs pay federal minimum wage. Off-campus jobs pay $8.00 per hour.
- Work hours depend on unmet financial need (based on student's Financial Aid need budget) and availability of funds.
- Funds are not credited to student's account. Student will receive payment for hours worked on the last working day of each month.
- Awards are for Fall and Spring semesters. If a student started working in the Fall semester and will be enrolled in the Spring semester, the student may continue working at assigned job trhough the Spring semester.
- Every effort will be made to place students in a department or area that will enhance the learning process for their major and provide invaluable experience.
What are the Requirements?
- You need to contact the Work Study Coordinator in the Financial Aid Office, by calling the office at 864-646-1650 or emailing the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We need to have the current Academic Year FAFSA on file.
- You must always be making satisfactory academic progress (SAP) as outline in the current College Catalog.
- You must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours of non-remedial classes
New Hire Packets
- Once you have been hired for a position you will need to complete the new hire packet which will be emailed to you. You can also request to pick a packet up in the Personnel Office, located in Ruby Hicks Building Room 107, if you did not receive one or misplaced your email.
- After completing the documents in the new hire packet the information will be used to integrate you in Tri-County Technical Colleges' payroll.
- The new hire packet must be completed prior to beginning work.
How to Get Paid
- Federal work-study students must complete new hire packet.
- Complete time sheet and submit to the supervisor for submission to the payroll office on or by the turn-in date.
- Timesheets cannot be sent thru inter-office mail.
- Timesheet should reflect actual dates, times, and hours worked. Fraudulent timesheets or other payroll documents are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination and prosecution as applicable by law.
- Incomplete or late timesheets will not be processed until the following payroll.
- Timesheets not submitted by the supervisor or his/her designee (cannot be a student) will not be accepted.
- Timesheets for off-campus work-study students must be mailed by the supervisor and received by payroll on or by the due date.
- ALL payroll checks will be direct deposited in student's checking or savings account.
- Students are paid on the last working day of the month