Evan Bryson Awarded Summer Internship at Presbyterian College’s School of PharmacyMay 16Read more
Phlebotomy Technician Certificate
This QuickJobs program is a WIA-eligible training program.
Phlebotomists are specialized clinical support assistants who collect blood and other samples from patients for examination in laboratories, the results of which provide valuable information for diagnosing illness. Duties include: collection and preparation of speciimens; maintenance of collection areas and equipment and supplies; performance of record keeping duties.
- Describe terms, prefixes and suffixes associated with the medical terminology of the body systems
- Describe the role and responsibilities of the Phlebotomy Technician
- Describe the circulatory system and blood cell anatomy
- Apply principles of aseptic techniques and infection control
- Conform to quality assurance practices
- Collect and process specimens
- Perform limited diagnostic test
- Document accurately
- Comply with established
Entry Requirements/What to Expect
- Must be 18 years of age
- Have a High School diploma or GED
- Proof of completion of Medical Terminology with Anatomy and Physiology
- Proof of completion of BLS CPR or current AHA card
- Proof of completion of Health Systems & Professionalism
- PreCheck Background Check
- Must be able to meet performance requirements as to physical demands of the job
- This course includes clinical hours in an area hospital so proof of Health Status is required
For more information, call (864) 646-1700 or toll free 866-269-5677, Ext 1700 (within the 864 area code) or e-mail email@example.com
For additional class offerings, visit our full course listing and schedule of classes.