Tri-County’s Fourth Annual 5K Race and One Mile Fun Run is May 18May 9Read more
Pharmacy Technician Certificate
This QuickJobs program is a WIA-eligible training program.
Excellent employment opportunities for Pharmacy Techncians exist with retail pharmacies, hospitals, long term care facilities, and other health care employers. Duties are assigned by the supervising licensed pharmacist and are related to preparing and dispensing medication in accordance with standard procedures and laws.
Tri-County Technical College offers both a Pharmacy Technician Certificate program and Continuing Education seminars for currently-licensed Pharmacy Technicians.
Pharmacy Technician Certificate Program:
This 652-hour program is approved by the SC Board of Pharmacy and includes three modules that must all be successfully completed to obtain the Pharmacy Technician Certification.
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate Module I
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate Module II
- Pharmacy Technician Certificate Module III
Continuing Education for currently licensed Pharmacy Technicians:
Each year, usually between March and May, we have opportunities for current Pharmacy Technicians to obtain the four hours of live continuing education required to renew your license.
Entry Requirements (Pharmacy Technician Certificate):
Required Prior to Program Admission (Pharmacy Technician Certificate):
- High school diploma or GED
- Successful completion of Medical Terminology with Anatomy & Physiology course
- One of the following:
- Copy of college transcript (passing grades in college courses)
- TABE (Form D5) score of 10
- COMPASS score of 70
- Work Keys score of 5 in all three areas
- Application fee
- Interview with Director of Healthcare Department
- Criminal Background check from Pre-Check (no other background checks accepted)
- Health status documentation
- Hepatitis B
- Proof of current flu vaccination
- TST Skin Test Two-Step procedure - Tuberculosis - documentation backup
- Copy of Mumps, Measles, Rubella (MMR) records
- Drug screen
- Please click here for additional information on required health status and criminal background check information.
Also Required for Program (Pharmacy Technician Certificate):
- Liability Insurance
- Laboratory Supplies
- SC Board of Pharmacy registration fee
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) national examination fee
- White lab jacket with a special monogram (required to wear on clinical rotations)
- Tri-County Technical College Student ID (required for clinical rotations)
- Textbooks for each of the 3 modules
- Contact our Customer Resource Center (864-646-1700) for current textbook information
What to Expect (Pharmacy Technician Certificate):
This program consists of both classroom training and clinical rotations and takes approximately one year to complete. The program begins each year in January and ends in November. Both daytime and evening classes are offered.
For more information, call (864) 646-1700 or toll free 866-269-5677, Ext 1700
(within the 864 area code) or e-mail email@example.com