Transient and Non-Degree
If you plan to take a few credit courses but have no intention of graduating from TCTC, apply as a transient or non-degree student. Get started with a few easy steps:
- Submit an online application for admission. Applying online is fast and simple. If you need a paper application, contact Admissions at 864-646-1550 or email@example.com.
- Pay the $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Review "Additional Information" below to see if you have other enrollment requirements.
Apply and pay the application fee by the transient and non-degree admissions deadline for the semester you plan to enroll. Mailed applications and payments must be received by the deadline date.
- If you plan to transfer one or more TCTC courses back to your home college, apply as a Transient student and submit the Transient Coursework Approval Form and the Declaration of Citizenship/Legal Presence in the United States Form to Student Records located in Miller Hall on the Pendleton Campus. Note: If not submitted in person, all documents (including the forms) must be signed and notarized.
- If you do not plan to transfer courses back to a college, apply as a Non-Degree student. Proof of prerequisite completion will need to be provided to the appropriate TCTC department heads for any courses with prerequisites. Non-degree students are required to take the COMPASS placement test. If you have completed college courses in English or math or have taken COMPASS in the last 3 years, testing may not be necessary. For further information, contact the Assessment Center at 864-646-1300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Registration for Transient and Non-Degree students begins on Transient Student Registration Day.
- Transient and Non-Degree students are not eligible for financial aid or VA benefits.