Transient and Non-Degree

Enrollment Steps

If you plan to take a few credit courses but have no intention of graduating from TCTC, apply as a transient or non-degree student. Get started with a few easy steps:

  1. Submit an online application for admission.  Applying online is fast and simple. If you need a paper application, contact Admissions at 864-646-1550 or
  2. Pay the $30 non-refundable application fee.
  3. Review "Additional Information" below to see if you have other enrollment requirements.

Apply and pay the application fee by the transient and non-degree admissions deadline for the semester you plan to enroll.  Mailed applications and payments must be received by the deadline date.

Additional Information:

  • If you plan to transfer one or more TCTC courses back to your home college, apply as a Transient student and submit the Transient Coursework Approval Form and the Declaration of Citizenship/Legal Presence in the United States Form to Student Records located in Miller Hall on the Pendleton Campus. Note:  If not submitted in person, all documents (including the forms) must be signed and notarized. 
  • If you do not plan to transfer courses back to a college, apply as a Non-Degree student. Proof of prerequisite completion will need to be provided to the appropriate TCTC department heads for any courses with prerequisites. Non-degree students are required to take the COMPASS placement test. If you have completed college courses in English or math or have taken COMPASS in the last 3 years, testing may not be necessary. For further information, contact the Assessment Center at 864-646-1300 or
  • Registration for Transient and Non-Degree students begins on Transient Student Registration Day.
  • Transient and Non-Degree students are not eligible for financial aid or VA benefits.
Contact Us

Toll-free (within the 864 area code) 1-866-269-5677, ext. 1550
Fax: 864-646-5080

Office Hours:
8:00 a.m. until 6:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.