SCMC Training Builds Manufacturing WorkforceDec 9 Read More
COMPASS Placement Texting
COMPASS Placement testing is provided in an effort to help you achieve success in your chosen program of study. Through placement testing, the Assessment Center provides information that will be helpful for you as well as your advisor in determining initial course placement. The purpose of placement testing is to make sure you have the necessary skills in reading, writing, or math to be successful in achieving your educational goals.
- What is the COMPASS test?
- What should I expect when I take the COMPASS test?
- Are sample questions available for the COMPASS test?
- Who is required to take the COMPASS test?
- Can SAT, ACT or other standardized test scores be substituted for COMPASS?
- Is there a fee to take the COMPASS test?
- Is an appointment required to take the COMPASS test?
- How much time should I allow for COMPASS testing?
- What should I bring with me for COMPASS testing?
- When will COMPASS test scores be available?
- What do my COMPASS test scores mean?
- Is retesting allowed?
- How can I prepare for a COMPASS retest?
- What accommodations are provided for students with disabilities?
- How can I get my test scores sent to another institution?
- How can I contact the Assessment Center?
Foreign Language Placement Testing
Students who took at least two years of Spanish or French in high school may be eligible to place out of Spanish or French 101, 102, or 201, 202.