Jenni Creamer Receives Tri-County’s Presidential Medallion for Staff ExcellenceRead More
Enrollment Checklist for Bridge to Clemson Students
Complete the Bridge Admission Process.
- Upon receiving an invitation to participate in the Bridge to Clemson Program, express your interest in the program by visiting www.clemson.edu/bridgeinterest and submitting the required information.
- Receive the welcome email and program details from TCTC Bridge to Clemson Program Office.
- Submit the $750 advance payment with the completed enrollment form (the enrollment form is packaged into the online payment process).
- As notification of admittance to TCTC, you will receive a mailed TCTC acceptance letter within 2 weeks that includes your TCTC student ID number (T#) and your eTC login information. Please use this information to access all of the College's resources that are available to you through eTC, which is TCTC's electronic student portal. Begin logging into your eTC account daily as all of the College's communication will be sent to your TCTC email address.
- Arrange to have the following information hard-copy mailed directly to TCTC Office of Admissions, PO Box 587, Pendleton, SC 29670:
- Final, official printed copy of high school transcript (electronic or fax copies are not accepted)
- Final, official printed copy of transcript from any college where you completed dual enrollment courses (electronic or fax copies are not accepted)
- Official, printed copy of AP/IB score reports (electronic or fax copies are not accepted)
- Review your eTC account for receipt of your transcripts: "Transcript Info" under the "My Dashboard" tab.
- For questions regarding the admission process, contact the Bridge to Clemson Office at firstname.lastname@example.org, 864-646-1609, or 864-646-1683.
Apply for Financial Aid.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/. The TCTC federal school code is 004926. If you previously submitted the FAFSA with Clemson's school code, please log in to FAFSA and update your information with TCTC's school code as well.
- Submit your FAFSA to TCTC by April 1 to ensure consideration for federal and state aid opportunities.
- Completion of the FAFSA is required for South Carolina Lottery Tuition Assistance.
- Students who qualify for LIFE Scholarship must submit the LIFE Scholarship Affidavit and their official high school transcripts. Parchment transcripts must meet formatting requirements for eligibility. If your school does not upload a digitial signature or seal, have them send a paper transcript to TCTC's Office of Admissions.
- TCTC does not automatically include loans in financial aid awards.
- Check the status of your financial aid often on the "My Dashboard" tab of eTC. All financial aid information and updates will be posted in eTC and/or sent to your TCTC email address.
- For questions regarding financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office at 864-646-1650 or email@example.com.
Take the COMPASS test to determine appropriate course placement.
- All Bridge students are required to take the COMPASS placement assessment by June 1.
- If you live more than 100 miles from TCTC, email the Assessment Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a remote testing site. Use "Remote Information Requested" as the subject line. The Assessment Center will respond asking for additional information needed for your COMPASS registration number. You may visit here for more infomration under the "Can I take my test at another location if I live more than 100 miles from TCTC?."
- If you have taken the COMPASS through your high school within the last 3 years, request the college that administered the test (not your high school) fax your official score report to 864-646-5071 or send via email to email@example.com.
- For additional information/practice for COMPASS, review the details provided by the Assessment Center.
- You must present a picture ID and provide your TCTC student identification number (T#) when you arrive at the Assessment Center. Your T# is provided in your TCTC acceptance letter packet.
- There will be a $35 fee to take the COMPASS without a provided T#.
- An appointment is not necessary to take the COMPASS at the TCTC Assessment Center. Walk-in service is available during the hours of operation:
- Pendleton Campus, Miller Hall - Mon-Thurs: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fri: 8 a.m. to noon
- Anderson Campus - Friday only: 8 a.m. to noon
- Easley Campus - Tuesday only: 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- If you are planning to retest for the COMPASS, you must do so before attending your scheduled Bridge Orientation session. There will be a $10 retest fee to retake the COMPASS on the TCTC campuses. Be sure to put forth your best effort as only one retest is allowed within a 3 year period.
- Once you have taken the COMPASS, you can review your scores by accessing them through your eTC account and using the Bridge COMPASS Score Interpretation Guides:
- Access your COMPASS scores by logging into eTC, clicking on the "Get Set" tab, clicking on the "DegreeWorks" hyperlink in box 3, clicking on the "Student Info" button, and reviewing the "STANDARDIZED TEST SCORES" section.
- For math courses:
- Select your intended academic program in the Intended Academic Programs and Required Math Courses Document.
- Identify the required math course(s) for your intended academic program
- Using the applicable math course(s) chart on the Bridge COMPASS Score Interpretation Guide, apply your COMPASS placement scores that identifies the course you scored into and the following math sequence required to complete for the required math course(s) for your intended academic program.
- For English courses:
- Using the English chart on the Bridge COMPASS Score Interpretation Guide, identify which English course you place into based on both the Reading and Writing scores
- For questions regarding the COMPASS, contact the Assessment Center at 864-646-1300 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review and submit all housing paperwork.
- All Bridge to Clemson students are required to live in the Bridge residential community at Highpointe of Clemson unless they apply for, and are granted, a housing waiver to commute from their family's home in TCTC's primary service area (Anderson, Oconee, and Pickens counties).
- Housing Waiver Request Forms are due by May 1.
- Resident students should review and submit all housing paperwork to the Bridge to Clemson Residential Life Office, 201 W. Cherry Road, Seneca, SC 29678 by the appropriate dates:
- Highpointe Residential Rental Agreement due June 1. (distributed in May)
- Parental or Sponsor Guaranty Form due June 1. (distributed in May)
- Policy Agreement Form due June 1. (distributed in May)
- Emergency Contact Form due June 1. (distributed in May)
- Roommate Assignment Form due June 25. (distributed in May)
- For questions regarding housing, contact the Office of Residence Life at 864-646-1681.
- Tri-County and Clemson University collaborate to provide a comprehensive orientation program tailored specifically for Bridge students.
- Orientation registration, which can be found here, will open May 1. A detailed orientation informational packet will be mailed prior to registration for all students who submit the advance payment and complete the previous enrollment steps.
- Orientation will be held on June 11, June 15, June 16, June 18, June 22, June 23, June 25, and July 14.
- For questions regarding orientation, contact the Bridge to Clemson Office at email@example.com or 864-646-1609.
Plan Your Schedule and Register for Classes.
- While at orientation, you will meet with an academic advisor who will assist you with curriculum planning and course selection for your intended Clemson major.
- During your time at TCTC, you will use eTC for many processes, including course registration. Therefore, it is important to familiarize yourself with eTC, specifically the "Get Set" tab.
- Your TCTC advisor's name and contact information will be found under the "Get Set" tab.
Pay Tuition, Fees, and Housing Costs.
- Go to the "Pay Tuition and Fees" link in the "Get Set" tab in eTC to review your bill and pay your tuition and fees. TCTC does not mail paper bills/inoivces. Payment for Tuition and Fees for the fall semester is due August 11, 2015.
- For questions regarding tuition and fees, contact the Business Office at 864-646-1802.
- Housing costs do not appear on the TCTC Student Bill and Schedule. Highpointe nor TCTC will send a bill/invoice. Keep a copy of the Fee Schedule for your records. Checks should be made payable to Highpointe of Clemson, L.L.C. and mailed to: Bridge to Clemson, 201 W. Cherry Rd., Seneca, SC 29678.
- Fall housing payments are due August 1, 2015 and spring housing payments are due December 1, 2015. Housing costs can be found on the Bridge Fee Schedule.
- For questions regarding housing payments, contact the Office of Residence Life at 864-646-1681.
Get Ready for Classes.
- Complete the Clemson email authentication process via instructions emailed after June 1 from Clemson Admissions to the email provided on your Clemson application.
- Submit the Redfern Health Center immunization requirements by July 1. Details can be found here. Failure to complete the required immunizations by October 1st will result in a hold on the student's TCTC account (holds transcripts and prevents course registration) until satisfied, which will have Program and residential life implications.
- Move into your Highpointe apartment during your assigned move-in time and get settled. Bridge move-in will be Thursday, August 13 - Saturday, August 15. Your specific assigned move-in date and time will be provided with roommate assignments in late July.
- Attend your mandatory building meeting at Highpointe.
- Review your Bridge Handbook which you will receive at Orientation.
- Review important dates on the Academic Calendar also located under the "Message Center" tab in eTC.
- Attend Clemson and Bridge Welcome Week events at the beginning of the fall semester. (Dates and locations to be determined).