Southern Stories Event, Set for April 3, Is Wonderful Addition to Tri-County’s Bluegrass Concert FestivitiesRead More
NewsTuesday, October 8, 2013
Dedication Ceremony for Anderson QuickJobs Development Center is October 11
CONTACT: LISA GARRETT, 646-1506
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 10/8/2013
A dedication and ribbon-cutting ceremony for the Anderson QuickJobs Development Center will be held Friday, October 11, at 10:30 a.m. The QuickJobs Development Center is located across from the Anderson Campus at 511 Michelin Blvd. The public is invited to attend.
The goal of the Center is to meet the goals of employers and to provide the necessary training to build a strong, viable workforce serving Anderson County.
The dedication ceremony will feature comments from Tri-County President Ronnie Booth; Francis Crowder, Anderson County Council chair; Tommy Dunn, representing Anderson County Council District 5; Ronnie Allen, Executive Director, Worklink Workforce Investment Board; Cheryl Stanton, executive director SCDEW; and George B. Patrick III, deputy secretary, SC Department of Commerce.
The 5,847-square-foot-building houses classrooms and a large space for labs. The facility is funded by a $500,000 grant from the Appalachian Regional Commission through the S.C. Department of Commerce. The QuickJobs Development Center is operated by the College, and instructors from the Corporate and Community Education Division will teach QuickJobs training courses, such as American Heart Association Certification, Law Enforcement and Private Security programs, Office and Medical Office Skills Certifications, CDL Class A and B (Truck Driver Training), Chemical Industry Training, Heavy Equipment Operator Training (sponsored by Blanchard Machinery), South Carolina Manufacturing Certification, WorkKeys Testing, and more.
In addition, the Center will offer customized training for area businesses and industries.
This is the College's third QuickJobs Development Center. Others are located at the Oconee Campus at the Hamilton Career Center in Seneca and at the Easley Campus.