Six Students Named to Tri-County’s President’s List for Summer 2016Read More
Oconee Campus Admissions
Step-by-Step Instructions for Admission
To apply to Tri-County Technical College (TCTC) and register for classes at the Hamilton Career Center, follow the easy steps outlined below. For additional assistance, call 646-1500 or log on to www.tctc.edu and click on the "Prospective Students" and "Getting Started" tabs.
- Complete an APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION and include your nonrefundable application fee.
- Request that copies of your OFFICIAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPTS or GED, as well as any college transcripts (if applicable), be sent to TCTC.
- Take the PLACEMENT TESTS to help identify the level of courses that will best fit your educational plans. If you need to complete this step, make a note that tests are given for walk-ins on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Tuesdays at 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. and Fridays from 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. For your convenience, we also offer testing by appointment on the first and third Saturday of each month at 8:30 a.m. Testing is provided in Miller Hall, Room 106, at Tri-County Technical College's Pendleton Campus. A picture ID is required. If you have completed appropriate college courses in English or math with a grade of "C" or better, you may not need to take the placement test.
- Decide your major and MEET WITH AN ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR to evaluate transcripts, test scores, and other related information. Admissions hours are Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Friday, 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- Attend SECONDARY TRANSITION ENROLLMENT PROGRAM (STEP) ORIENTATION at the Hamilton Career Center. Special instructions specific to high school students will be provided during orientation.
- Complete the STEP PERMISSION FORM for dual enrollment and the TCTC APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION.
- Take the REQUIRED PLACEMENT TESTS to help identify the level of courses that will best fit your educational plans. More details will be provided during the STEP Orientation session.